John 11:27
She said to Him, "Yes, Lord, I believe You are the Christ,
the Son of God, who is to come into the world."

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Introducing Our Home On the Road!
The cactus on hwy 95 are blurry; Stephen didn't wanna slow down.
Early Wednesday morning we decided to hit the road.  When we climbed in Midnight our chevy, we weren't sure where we would end up.  Stephen had seen a 1975 Airstream on Craigslist for sale in Prescott, AZ.  It had been on the market for almost a week at a very reasonable price.  We had the money so we headed that direction.  When the time was late enough, we called and discovered the trailer was still available. We drove all day to Prescott and stayed in a hotel for the night.  It was a 734 mile trip, oneway.  
 Here we are parked in Reno at the apartment complex.
Thursday morning we went to see the trailer in Kirkland AZ. This was 40 miles round trip. After looking the trailer over and visiting with a nice prospector nearby, we headed back to town. Ms. Doris, the owner, towed the trailer into town and parked it near her bank.  Then we ALL loaded up in our chevy and went to the auto parts store, the credit union, and back to the bank.  It was lunch time so we ate in the parking lot.  Stephen went to work reworking the electrical plug for the brakes. At 3:30 Stephen, Ms. Doris, the kids, and I were relieved to see the trailer, Texas Star, hooked to our black chevy. After a trip to the DOT, we headed back toward Reno.  We made it into NV before we had to stop and rest.  No hotel for us.
We slept our first night in an empty lot in Searchlight, NV.
Friday was more of the road.
We stopped briefly on Hwy 95 after Las Vegas at Big Dune in the Amargosa Valley. 
Can you see the dune in the background? It is nearly a mile away, BIG DUNE.
We got stuck in the sand and used tumble weeds to free ourselves.  Not funny but I laughed at our foolishness any way. The kids were obliviously playing in the sand.  I learned that tumble weeds have thorns. Stephen learned that I laugh during some types of crisis. He probably learned more but I'll leave it for him to share with friends.  

We hit the long hot road and reached Reno at 8 o'clock last night.  Stephen worked today and I explored the nooks and crannies of our trailer. I am so excited about our new home.  I don't know where I want to begin.  Today I started with exploring and measuring our storage. I also bought cleaner and new towels. It has been a productive day. I think I'll order take out and read airstream blogs online. Don't you wish you could hit the road?
 









No comments:

Post a Comment